CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Planning...

So I am sitting here thinking about the baby's first birthday. Its fast approaching and i should probably begin planning. I'm thinking the weekend of August 30th, probably the saturday. Where, what time, what theme, all things he will never remember.
I think I am going to rent a gazebo, shelter thing at CB Smith Park. Its surprisingly not that expensive, yay, thats a good thing and it will give us some shade as it will be August and hot and miserable out. And i think we are going to do Curious George. I am not the biggest fan of specific character related themes however, he sleeps with his monkey every night and that seems to be the only thing he has attached to, and I cant find any other monkey related birthday themes online that look like his monkey. So, Curious George will probably be it. And a cake. My friend Lindsay found a great place that does awesome cakes for not that expensive. so thats good, and I'm not that picky. Just a regular cake with a big monkey face on it, maybe a cupcake cake...that seems easier and I like cupcakes. MMMmmmm, cupcakes. I really like cupcakes.
I cant believe he will be turning one at the end of the summer. times goes by so fast and i miss the little 7 lb peanut i could wrap up in a blanket and snuggle with all day....theres not so much snuggling going on any more....or even keeping him in one place!! oh well, hopefully there will be another itsy bitsy baby sometime in the future, although not for quite some time (need a house, yard, more money) and I dont want a newborn and 2 year old, that seems like a lot of work!

So, birthday, he is going to be one. :)

2 comments:

Justine said...

I have a friend that makes cupcakes too :)
Her site is sugarcups.blogspot.com

There are actually some monkey cuppies in there.

princess said...

Any interest in possibly having company for that weekend, or would that make things more stressful?