CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Job Hunt...

The interview at Gulliver went well. I met with the math department chair, the Headmaster (because he is just too important to be called the principal), and some other guy (the dean of curriculum maybe??). It seemed to go well, maybe i'm just not as confident about this one to think it went well becasue i really want this position. Anyways, I loved it there. It was beautiful (of course I wouldnt expect less considering tuition for high school is an amazing 20K a year) and everyone in the interview seemed really nice, although the headmaster was tough to read, he just kind of sat there and observed. So, they also want me to come teach a lesson, which is possibly going to be next wednesday, the deptartment chair will call me next monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Besides the fact i liked it there the salary ismore than i'm making now, which is fabulous considering private schools are usually less than public, and they serve lunch free to the faculty everyday....free food is always a positive thing. I like free, especially when it's food! :) When I left the parking lot was full of parents picking up their kids. I felt mildly incompetent getting into my Honda Ridgline in the sea of mercedes, bmw, and lexus SUVs, not to mention a few Hummers and cadillacs and other expensive rides. And while my truck is brand new it just doesnt measure up! But thats fine, nothings perfect!!

The lesson I was supposed to teach at La Salle was postponed till the end of the month due to schedule changes at the school. Thats a good thing though, I will hopefully have an answer from Gulliver before then so I know whether I even need to go teach the lesson. So yeah, i'm waiting and hoping that things work out the way I would like.

My portfolio passed!! YAY!!! That was the only thing I needed left to finish to get my professional teaching certificate. YAY!! Out of 48 points I got 33, the minimum needed to pass....not to bad for a day and a half of work on a project that was a 2 year long assignment! What a releif....

And we put an offer on a house....i'm not holding my breath but we'll see.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Rides? Haha! You are so gangster...or should I say gangsta?

Justine said...

It's ok we'll put some 24'z on the truck! Then I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Good Luck with the offer and the job!